1. I ran five 5Ks, two 8Ks, three 10Ks, three half marathons and one marathon.
|Veteran's Day 10K|
3. Believe it or not, I swam exactly 26.2 miles this year, completely unintentionally. I just looked at my swim log, and boom! Right in front of me was the 26.2!
4. I spent 88 hours pool running this year.
5. The race performance I am most proud of this year is the Veteran's Day 10K with a time of 45:19. The 10K has historically been my hardest distance to run well and I finally did it.
6. I spent all of February and March recovering from 3 stress fractures in my tibiae.
7. My biggest lesson learned this year is that higher mileage doesn't necessarily equal faster running.
8. My top three running items purchased are my Saucony PE Revival shorts, my CW-X capris, and my CEP compression sleeves.
9. My worst race performance was ironically the race I trained the hardest for-- the Milwaukee Lakefront marathon.
10. I ran 70.7 tempo miles in 2011, which was 5.4% of my overall training mileage. I ran 43.8 tempo miles in 2010, which was 2.0% of my overall training mileage.
|Alexandria Half Marathon|
12. The hottest race I ran was the Lawyers Have Heart 5K, which was supposed to be a 10K, but got downgraded on race morning due to the heat. A close second was the Alexandria Festival Half marathon.
13. In addition to my stress fractures, I also dealt with hip bursitis, early signs of peroneal tendonitis, and a calf strain.
14. I met a ton of cool people through running this year. And I started blogging more.
15. I won three age group awards: 1st AG at the Patriot's Cup 8K, 2nd AG at the Ringing In Hope 10K, 2nd AG at the Run Geek Run 8K.
16. I think I experienced my first-ever official "overtraining" after the Turkey Trot. I recently read a description of technical overtraining symptoms, and I had most of them. It took me nearly three weeks to get my energy back.
17. I do not have any running goals for 2012 other than to run smart and stay healthy.
hah! Nice way to do the year-end. I think you had a pretty good year overall - some frustrations, but that's how it goes.ReplyDelete
And great 10K!
Love your last goal - I think thats why my goal for 2012 is going to be too!ReplyDelete
Ha! My top three running items purchased this year are the same as yours except I have the CEP compression socks. Great year! I can't wait to run with you in 2012.ReplyDelete
sounds like you had quite a year in 2011. i love all your data and especially love your goal for 2012! happy new year!!ReplyDelete
2011 was good to you! Your #9 happened to me too, but it sure did fire up some motivation to get back to it in 2012 with a vengeance.ReplyDelete
That's awesome that your swim miles was 26.2 too!
Happy New year!
LOVE your 2011!! I hope 2012 is an awesome year for you and that you are healthy all year long! :) Happy new year!ReplyDelete
Just 2 comments:ReplyDelete
1. LOVE your goal for 2012!
2. Your swimming mileage ROCKS!
And... happy new year!
CW-X!! My favorites! Agree with what Darkwave said, overall a great year!! Glad we hooked up with you this year!! :)ReplyDelete
you know, you really killed the shorter races this year and that's awesome! happy 2012, friend!ReplyDelete
Haha, I love the 26.2 miles of swimming. That has to be some kind of sign. :)ReplyDelete
You had some really kick-ass races this year. Good luck putting your new knowledge into practice in 2012!!ReplyDelete