I figured now would be a good time to reflect on these miles, and the past 5.75 years it took me to run them.
From January 1, 2008 to September 15, 2013:
- I've run 10,004 miles
- Time-wise, this equates to 63 days, 6 hours, 29 minutes and 9 seconds
- I've run 72 races, for a total of 661.5 miles raced
- This means my average distance raced is 9.1 miles
- The 10,004 miles were spread across 1743 runs
- My average run distance is 5.7 miles
- Note: I breakdown interval warm ups and cool downs into separate runs, so this data is a little off!
- 586 runs were done on the treadmill, which equates to 2,956 miles (29% treadmill)
- 73% of these treadmill miles were run in 2008-2009, before moving into my house
- Since January 1, 2011, I have only run 200 treadmill miles.
- I have logged 25 runs that were 20-22 miles, in preparation for marathons.
- That's a total of 511.8 miles worth of 20+ milers!
- I've logged 112 tempo runs for a total of 476.5 miles
- 4.25 miles is the average distance of my tempo runs
- Here is the yearly breakdown of miles:
|Can you tell which year had no injuries?|
- 2013 is on track to have more miles than 2012, but not as many as 2009.
- I've gone through 67 pairs of shoes. Some of these shoes have logged less than 20 miles, since they didn't work for me. Sadly, this is an average of 149 miles per pair.
- Within the past two years, I have spent $1,412 on running shoes, apparel and gear.
- My fastest mile logged was 6:49, which was run during a 5K in 2011. I am anxious to run a 1-mile race!
I'm looking forward to the next happy, healthy 10,000 miles!
WOW WOW WOW!! How cool to have those stats and be able to look back and help you look forward.ReplyDelete
Cheers to some bad a$$ running! Go you!!!
So so cool! It really makes me wish I kept a more detailed training log.ReplyDelete
Keep up the SUPER work!
You are super cool! My training log just lists the number of miles I ran but nothing more.ReplyDelete